This Calls for a Little Discipline!!



Correct me if I'm wrong. I spanked my child this week, 2 days ago to be exact. A parent/neighbor came knocking at my door at 8:30 p.m. because she found a note in her daughter's school bag stating "I'm going to kill" written in my daughter's hand writing. At first, I thought nothing of it and even thought it wasn't from MY kid. That was until I took a closer look. Still I wasn't horrified, I mean, she's eight going on nine. Big Deal, right? Then the other mother told me she freaked out and called the teacher. The TEACHER of all people. Wouldn't you think she would ask me first?


The lowdown from this mother is that our children were on the school bus that morning playing a game. In this game, my child pretended her mind was being controlled by some man in the woods, he made her write this. The imagination of children. I believe this game came about from the other child who has a WILD imagination. I know this first-hand, she 's been in my presence on more than one occasion! She (the other kid) was over-heard by someone close to me telling my daughter that a man was watching them and was going to "take them away". Well, anyways, I had to do something right? I had to let my child know this was not acceptable behavior, right? Especially when there are shootings at schools around the country, right? So I spanked her...with a belt...all for about one to 1 1/2 minutes. All the while shouting and ranting about "using your head" and "not doing this again" and some other things I can't remember. Then I told her she was on punishment! There. I really told her something, right?

Now, who needs the discipline? Me, my daughter, the other mother, or what about the child?
1 comment

Popular Posts