Skip to main content

Off Topic Madness-BV

Bacterial vaginosisImage via Wikipedia
This is totally off topic, but it needs to be addressed. BV. That's right, bacterial vaginosis. This is becoming an epidemic everywhere!! Now that is has been jokingly thrown out there, bv is affecting a lot of women, young and old. How do I know these things you might ask? I work as a Medical Lab Tech and I see a lot of these specimens throughout the week. Teenage girls, pregnant women and mature women all have this specific problem. If you've done any reading at all on this subject you will find that it is not considered a STD, but if it is a chronic problem, consider having you partner treated. It is also noted that black women and those who have multiple partners may be more susceptible to bv. You may even be at high risk for contracting STD's because of it.  I have been to many forums, sites, web pages, etc reading about alternative cures. these range from inserting boric acid capsules to sticking probiotics up you know where. Things like using garlic,tea tree oil, plain yogurt on a tampon or loading up on folic acid and other supplements. But do these really work?

If you want freedom from bv, freedom from embarrassing odor, freedom to get down and do the grown-up then Click Here! You owe it to yourself!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleopatra's Hair Secret

Image via Wikipedia Image via Wikipedia Cleopatra is a natural hair relaxer for black frizzy, curly, etc. Hair, or for one who wants her hair black and straightened. It is good for all hairs shapes: curly, frizzy, frizzly, frizzled, frizzed, kinky , Black Americans, Africans, voluminous or pompous hair. The company DAN DE COSMETICS inherited Cleopatra's secret. The natural formula for straight, smooth, shiny, and fascinating hair by its beauty. The product which has been developed by DAN DE COSMETICS Ltd. Company and called "Cleopatra", is made out a plants and minerals powder, to them there is to add liquid alcohol. This is a 100% natural product; compared among the similar products, available on the market, which are synthetic and alkaline. The prepartion can be applied directly to the roots of the hair. It repairs damaged hair (bleaching, coloring and any chemical agents aplied to the hair). The straightening is permanent and the renewal is done to the...

And The Nominees Are.........

To my surprise, I was nominated for a Liebster Award!!! I accept, I DO ACCEPT!!!  Way to go girl!!! Nice job, keep up the good work! But wait......just what is a Liebster Award? This is an   award  that is passed from blogger to blogger in order to help readers – like yourselves – find new blogs to follow!  I believe I'm all of the above and more. Since Koils-n-Kinks was graciously chosen for as a recipient, I must do my duty and thank Kay of Nappy Headed Black Girl .I've come across the Liebster badge of honor on some of the blogs I've perused, but never looked into it to see what it was about.  This is a first for me and I feel very honored, I will display the badge with pride!! Here are the rules that I found, but there are different versions out there. These are the rules and questions provided by Kay , who nominated me. Here are the award rules: Thank your nominator by linking to their blog Answer 10 questions provided to you ...

Water Only Washing......Beyond 30 days

After a warm/cold rinse More than a year ago, I decided to for go using traditional shampoos and conditioners. I started whipping up my own hair products with some success, but nothing to brag about. Now I always have an assortment of butters, oils and essential oils, not to mention aloe vera, distilled water and honey. My bathroom cabinets look more like a pastry kitchen than a place to do your business! I wasn't exactly losing any hair and checking out new hair recipes was my quiet, me time.  Through mostly browsing  the web I happened upon the water only method after trying the max hydration method (MHM) for about a month. Though I liked some of the results I was getting with MHM, it didn't have the simplicity that I was looking for. I was basically looking to do nothing to my hair, but I still needed to look presentable #sistagotaJOB, so I found the simplest method for WOHW from an article on BGLH . I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it before. Not sh...