Skip to main content

I Was Naked Yesterday......

Yes, I must admit, I was out and about naked! I left the house naked, got in my car naked, went to work naked. NAKED NAKED NAKED!! Well, my hair was anyway!! Get your minds out the gutter people. While browsing the web, I found Tiffany, the Curl Whisperer, on CurlyNikki's site. It turns out, she has her own website and has lots and lots of info for curly girls. She states that in order to find products that work for your hair type, you need to know what it feels like naked, sans product. So, I followed her advice and found out that my hair doesn't feel so terrible without all the product on it. In fact, it feels better and all my little curlies fell right into place!! By going naked, I found out the following:

1. my strands are fine/medium in texture
2. the porosity is normal
3. it is not overly dry, as I previously thought
4. my ends are trash, I already knew that
5. it is actually soft
6. tangles easily





Now I also found Chicoro on Fotki.com. I knew she had been around, and she wrote a book, but I didn't want to read another hair story. Boy, was I wrong. Her pictures and knowledge are supreme. I aim to follow her steps for detangling (which I tried), shampooing, conditioning and sealing (I also tried). Using a more simple approach should help with those darn curly knots and also with my product junkiness. Less is more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleopatra's Hair Secret

Image via Wikipedia Image via Wikipedia Cleopatra is a natural hair relaxer for black frizzy, curly, etc. Hair, or for one who wants her hair black and straightened. It is good for all hairs shapes: curly, frizzy, frizzly, frizzled, frizzed, kinky , Black Americans, Africans, voluminous or pompous hair. The company DAN DE COSMETICS inherited Cleopatra's secret. The natural formula for straight, smooth, shiny, and fascinating hair by its beauty. The product which has been developed by DAN DE COSMETICS Ltd. Company and called "Cleopatra", is made out a plants and minerals powder, to them there is to add liquid alcohol. This is a 100% natural product; compared among the similar products, available on the market, which are synthetic and alkaline. The prepartion can be applied directly to the roots of the hair. It repairs damaged hair (bleaching, coloring and any chemical agents aplied to the hair). The straightening is permanent and the renewal is done to the...

And The Nominees Are.........

To my surprise, I was nominated for a Liebster Award!!! I accept, I DO ACCEPT!!!  Way to go girl!!! Nice job, keep up the good work! But wait......just what is a Liebster Award? This is an   award  that is passed from blogger to blogger in order to help readers – like yourselves – find new blogs to follow!  I believe I'm all of the above and more. Since Koils-n-Kinks was graciously chosen for as a recipient, I must do my duty and thank Kay of Nappy Headed Black Girl .I've come across the Liebster badge of honor on some of the blogs I've perused, but never looked into it to see what it was about.  This is a first for me and I feel very honored, I will display the badge with pride!! Here are the rules that I found, but there are different versions out there. These are the rules and questions provided by Kay , who nominated me. Here are the award rules: Thank your nominator by linking to their blog Answer 10 questions provided to you ...

Water Only Washing......Beyond 30 days

After a warm/cold rinse More than a year ago, I decided to for go using traditional shampoos and conditioners. I started whipping up my own hair products with some success, but nothing to brag about. Now I always have an assortment of butters, oils and essential oils, not to mention aloe vera, distilled water and honey. My bathroom cabinets look more like a pastry kitchen than a place to do your business! I wasn't exactly losing any hair and checking out new hair recipes was my quiet, me time.  Through mostly browsing  the web I happened upon the water only method after trying the max hydration method (MHM) for about a month. Though I liked some of the results I was getting with MHM, it didn't have the simplicity that I was looking for. I was basically looking to do nothing to my hair, but I still needed to look presentable #sistagotaJOB, so I found the simplest method for WOHW from an article on BGLH . I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it before. Not sh...