Skip to main content

Beautiful Textures Texture Manageability Sytem- A 6 Week Review


I have been looking for a treatment similar to Kera Minerals since I used it on my daughter about a year ago. I didn't really want to get an expensive treatment, so I ventured on over to YouTube to find my answer. I watched a lot of videos and reviews for various brands like Organix, Palmers, plus I found this site with other systems. Finally, I came upon a review for Beautiful Textures, watch the video here, and was quite impressed. I always thought this was a line for children and could just SMELL the overly fragrant fruity smell associated with most products geered toward children. Plus, the packaging is a bit busy and tacky looking.

Last week I stopped at my local Walgreens for whatever it was, I can't recall, but as usual, I took a stroll down the hair product aisle and this caught my attention.
 The exact product I was interested in on sale for HALF OFF!!! I snatched up 2, one for me and one for my daughter. I was especially excited because the box featured a type 4 head of hair on the box. I quickly read it over and was delighted due to the promise of being able to flip back and forth between natural and straightened hair with ease and no chemical use. It's also supposed to last 4-6 weeks with the use of the same brand shampoo and stylers.

WEEK ONE
freshly washed hair
I first used this on my daughter since my hair was in twists and I didn't want to waste a protective style. Her hair was on its last day of a wash n go, so it was a no brainer to try her first.
Her dirty hair consisted of leave-in, oils, and gel. It was our first try doing a wash n go on her so I'm pretty excited to try it again with this system in her hair. The shampoo is a clarifying one and I lathered up and rinsed her hair 3 times each. It's clear and smells good, kind of just a clean smell with a hint of fruity, not bad at all.

After rinsing, her hair was towel dried using the blotting
After 20 minutes  with leave-in
 method so not add more tangles. Applying the leave-in is simple, shake the bottle, add to your hand, apply to hair.I initially used the gloves provided, but they were too big and loose. I didn't feel like I was getting it on the hair properly so I removed them. When I rinsed my hands after using the potion, they felt really slick and smooth, but no irritation. I did not like the smell of the leave-in. At first whiff it smelled pleasant, but then quickly turned into a B.O. type smell, it was weird.
Per the directions she sat around for another 20 minutes letting it air dry some before the blow out, but we made 30 instead. Her hair felt extremely soft.

Blown dry
The directions state not to over saturate the hair, I still ended up over doing it because I used the whole bottle. This became evident after blow drying, the hair definitely felt waxy and filmy. I wish they would have included their flat iron silkening spray (I think that's the name)inside the box for styling afterward.


The blow dry and flat iron still seemed to take
Flat ironed
forever, maybe because we took and extra 10 minutes and it got TOO dry. The initial flat iron still took long, but I did 2-3 passes at the root and used the chase method for the ends. I only did one pass on the ends and they were really straight. My flat iron does not have exact temperatures so I put it at number 15. According to the flat iron manual, a setting of 15-20 is for medium type hair. I normally put it at setting 25 when I do her hair, so I guess the TM system did make a difference.


So far I am pleased with this product and will update once we shampoo and use the other associated products. Of course I have to find them first!

Have you used this product and what are your thoughts? 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great info--I appreciate the level of detail! I'll be looking for the update!
Skorpyanj said…
Thanks for the comment, I have to get on my updates this weekend, I am really liking this system and I think I will continue to purchase it. It really does make it more #MANAGABLE

Popular posts from this blog

Cleopatra's Hair Secret

Image via Wikipedia Image via Wikipedia Cleopatra is a natural hair relaxer for black frizzy, curly, etc. Hair, or for one who wants her hair black and straightened. It is good for all hairs shapes: curly, frizzy, frizzly, frizzled, frizzed, kinky , Black Americans, Africans, voluminous or pompous hair. The company DAN DE COSMETICS inherited Cleopatra's secret. The natural formula for straight, smooth, shiny, and fascinating hair by its beauty. The product which has been developed by DAN DE COSMETICS Ltd. Company and called "Cleopatra", is made out a plants and minerals powder, to them there is to add liquid alcohol. This is a 100% natural product; compared among the similar products, available on the market, which are synthetic and alkaline. The prepartion can be applied directly to the roots of the hair. It repairs damaged hair (bleaching, coloring and any chemical agents aplied to the hair). The straightening is permanent and the renewal is done to the

Water Only Washing......Beyond 30 days

After a warm/cold rinse More than a year ago, I decided to for go using traditional shampoos and conditioners. I started whipping up my own hair products with some success, but nothing to brag about. Now I always have an assortment of butters, oils and essential oils, not to mention aloe vera, distilled water and honey. My bathroom cabinets look more like a pastry kitchen than a place to do your business! I wasn't exactly losing any hair and checking out new hair recipes was my quiet, me time.  Through mostly browsing  the web I happened upon the water only method after trying the max hydration method (MHM) for about a month. Though I liked some of the results I was getting with MHM, it didn't have the simplicity that I was looking for. I was basically looking to do nothing to my hair, but I still needed to look presentable #sistagotaJOB, so I found the simplest method for WOHW from an article on BGLH . I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it before. Not sh

5 Perfect Styles for Every Natural

Let's face it ladies, as naturals, I feel that we are expected to show that we are "doing something" with our hair. We can't can just walk around all fro-y and puffy, but that would  mean we aren't taking the utmost care of our manes. I mean...really, who(#mefor1) would want to walk around like that? Big bushy fro's have absolute  no  sex appeal (I really miss mine) #beenremovinglocs4-2weeks. These styles are nothing new to the natural world, but this is how my hair looked when I was on the water only method. I never really stopped, but I wasn't rinsing much since I was trying to let my hair loc up. One day I'll post my braidlock story. As for now, check out the shine and definition I achieved while styling without product.                                                                                                                                      Puffs N Ponies   Updo's       Like many n