Skip to main content

Second Naptural Anniversary

On Oct. 2, 2011, my 2 year anniversary came and went. I didn't take pictures or measure length because my hair was in mini-twists. About a week and half later I removed them and did a deep conditioning using Naptural85's Greek yogurt deep conditioner recipe. I liked it alot. It made my hair feel smooth and frizz free, but I did it on dirty hair. Since I had to do major detangling I thought I would trim my ends, which they desperately needed. Too many fairy knots and splits to be considered as retained length, so I said "BYE BYE BYE"!!
After removing the wrecked ends, my strands measured 8.5 inches give or take 1/8 inch. That really depressed me, well not so much, but I did lose half an inch since June. It made realize that I really needed to take care of my ends better, so my new mission is "Hide my Ends till Feb". I have no clue how I will achieve this.
For the style below, I shampooed with NTM, then used Naptural's conditioner, then moisture/sealed with EVOO, flat twisted and bantu knotted the ends. Again, my hair felt soft, smooth and frizz free.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleopatra's Hair Secret

Image via Wikipedia Image via Wikipedia Cleopatra is a natural hair relaxer for black frizzy, curly, etc. Hair, or for one who wants her hair black and straightened. It is good for all hairs shapes: curly, frizzy, frizzly, frizzled, frizzed, kinky , Black Americans, Africans, voluminous or pompous hair. The company DAN DE COSMETICS inherited Cleopatra's secret. The natural formula for straight, smooth, shiny, and fascinating hair by its beauty. The product which has been developed by DAN DE COSMETICS Ltd. Company and called "Cleopatra", is made out a plants and minerals powder, to them there is to add liquid alcohol. This is a 100% natural product; compared among the similar products, available on the market, which are synthetic and alkaline. The prepartion can be applied directly to the roots of the hair. It repairs damaged hair (bleaching, coloring and any chemical agents aplied to the hair). The straightening is permanent and the renewal is done to the

5 Perfect Styles for Every Natural

Let's face it ladies, as naturals, I feel that we are expected to show that we are "doing something" with our hair. We can't can just walk around all fro-y and puffy, but that would  mean we aren't taking the utmost care of our manes. I mean...really, who(#mefor1) would want to walk around like that? Big bushy fro's have absolute  no  sex appeal (I really miss mine) #beenremovinglocs4-2weeks. These styles are nothing new to the natural world, but this is how my hair looked when I was on the water only method. I never really stopped, but I wasn't rinsing much since I was trying to let my hair loc up. One day I'll post my braidlock story. As for now, check out the shine and definition I achieved while styling without product.                                                                                                                                      Puffs N Ponies   Updo's       Like many n

Water Only Washing......Beyond 30 days

After a warm/cold rinse More than a year ago, I decided to for go using traditional shampoos and conditioners. I started whipping up my own hair products with some success, but nothing to brag about. Now I always have an assortment of butters, oils and essential oils, not to mention aloe vera, distilled water and honey. My bathroom cabinets look more like a pastry kitchen than a place to do your business! I wasn't exactly losing any hair and checking out new hair recipes was my quiet, me time.  Through mostly browsing  the web I happened upon the water only method after trying the max hydration method (MHM) for about a month. Though I liked some of the results I was getting with MHM, it didn't have the simplicity that I was looking for. I was basically looking to do nothing to my hair, but I still needed to look presentable #sistagotaJOB, so I found the simplest method for WOHW from an article on BGLH . I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it before. Not sh