And The Nominees Are.........
To my surprise, I was nominated for a Liebster Award!!! I accept, I DO ACCEPT!!! Way to go girl!!! Nice job, keep up the good work! But wait......just what is a Liebster Award? This is an award that is passed from blogger to blogger in order to help readers – like yourselves – find new blogs to follow!
I believe I'm all of the above and more. Since Koils-n-Kinks was graciously chosen for as a recipient, I must do my duty and thank Kay of Nappy Headed Black Girl.I've come across the Liebster badge of honor on some of the blogs I've perused, but never looked into it to see what it was about. This is a first for me and I feel very honored, I will display the badge with pride!! Here are the rules that I found, but there are different versions out there.
So, here we go....
1. Describe your natural hair journey in one sentence.
Boldly following my hearts desire and holding nothing back but gaining confidence, love, and rediscovery of self with no regrets.
2. What was the last place you vacationed and where is (or would you like to be) the next?
I went to Michigan to attend a family reunion, far from a vacation. I would like to go to a tropical isle somewhere in the near future........a girl can dream can't she?!
3. Why did you start blogging?
I wanted to keep an accurate "diary" of my journey to healthy, long, natural hair and provide helpful tips to others who were struggling along the way. I first started a healthy relaxed hair journey and hit a huge pitfall while wearing a protective style.
4. Name one celeb you’d love to meet in person.
Oh gosh, I'm really not into the celebrity thing, but I guess I'd like to meet Erika Badu or India Arie. They seem like down to earth, real people that I could converse with.
5. Are you where you thought you’d be 5 years ago?
Yes, because I didn't set any goals for myself educationally or professionally.
6. Amazon or eBay?
Both, I prefer online shopping and re-purposing items that have been used. #thriftygal
7. Do you feel like your hair routine is perfected or are you still learning?
Omg, definitly still learning. Right now I'm on my water only journey, and I honeslty like it the best of all.
8. What past or present TV character are you?
Maybe Vanessa, from the Cosby show, Lol!
9. What’s the last movie you saw?
Just watched the Fantastic 4 (2015) last night. Had I answered these earlier it would have been Yelling to the Sky, which I watched before I watched the Fantastic 4.
10. The world ends tomorrow morning. What do you do tonight?
Rob a bank, spend every last cent, love a stranger, hug my parents, kiss my kids goodnight and tell them I love them.
Whew! That was hard! Some other versions of the rules are out there, but I'm following the lead of my nominator.
I have 10 questions for:
- Earths Natural Secrets
- All Things Amma Mama
- Happy Kinks Forever
- Clueless Curl
- Hypnotic Glamour
- The Way to Natural Hair
- Black Zulu
- Indigenous Curls
- Lavishly Natural
- What compelled you to start a blog?
- Where do you see yourself in 2 years?
- If you could blog full time, would you?
- If you could retire right now, what would you do?
- If you could only keep 5 of your possessions, what would they be?
- What is a skill you'd like to learn and why?
- What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
- What did you do for your last birthday?
- How many text messages do you send/receive in a day?
- What is your current relationship status?
Hope to read some great responses and see that you ladies paid it forward to some other bloggers.
Let's keep it rollin'.
Let's keep it rollin'.