Skip to main content

Summer Tree Braids

I have been getting my hair braided for years. Box braids, micros, kinky twists, weaves, cornrows. Last year I stumbled upon "tree braids" while online, and fell in love with them. They look like free flowing hair, almost like a weave, but without the sewing or the dreadful glueing. You can choose any type hair, and do many styles.
Checking out the style on my way home
I live in Madison, WI, and there are a handful of African braiding shops. They are always booked, and they are always small, and as always, PRICEY!!. I have never been afraid to spend some dough and spend some time on getting my hair braided up, but I have developed a small problem. Socializing, that alone, made me keep my distance, thus not being able to get my beloved tree braids!! That and the fact that I couldn't find any info on tree braiders for my area. I finally stumbled across someone who can do it, from their home!! Yay!! Let me tell you, it took me a good week to call her and make my appointment, how sad! Especially since I loved, loved, loved the end product!! Go Lea, go Lea!! That's her name, and she was super friendly, offered to cook me some African food the next time, and we had a great conversation the whole 5 hours that it took. Drumroll please..................TA DAH, the finished product.



This is where I found her:
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Anonymous said…
Number 608 622 2603 is no longer a working number just tried to call it todays date...2/24/2014
Skorpyanj said…
Hey, thanks for the comment, I looked her using lea's african hairbraiding" and found her on Google. I have since changed phones and numbers so I had no idea the number was invalid. Thanks for the heads up as I plan on treebraiding again this summer. The number she listed as of 3 days ago were 608-669-8502 and 608-819-6294. If you end up using her, post a pic of your results.

Popular posts from this blog

Cleopatra's Hair Secret

Image via Wikipedia Image via Wikipedia Cleopatra is a natural hair relaxer for black frizzy, curly, etc. Hair, or for one who wants her hair black and straightened. It is good for all hairs shapes: curly, frizzy, frizzly, frizzled, frizzed, kinky , Black Americans, Africans, voluminous or pompous hair. The company DAN DE COSMETICS inherited Cleopatra's secret. The natural formula for straight, smooth, shiny, and fascinating hair by its beauty. The product which has been developed by DAN DE COSMETICS Ltd. Company and called "Cleopatra", is made out a plants and minerals powder, to them there is to add liquid alcohol. This is a 100% natural product; compared among the similar products, available on the market, which are synthetic and alkaline. The prepartion can be applied directly to the roots of the hair. It repairs damaged hair (bleaching, coloring and any chemical agents aplied to the hair). The straightening is permanent and the renewal is done to the

Is Water Only Washing on your TO DO LIST?

                                                                                                                                                                                                                               What have I been up to in my life? Well, golly gee whiz, thanks for asking! Like many of you, I've been just living. I'm kind of tired of that routine so I've have been making a  half ass attempt at sprucing up my life. HOW, you might ask? Nothing drastic, just small changes that I'm trying to get used to before so that they can become staples in my life. I don't want to do something that's a total 360 from what I'm used to, I'm easing into transition. Yes, just like when I was transitioning from relaxed to natural. Wait....I didn't transition, I wore a wig for 2 weeks and said "TA HELL WIT DAT, IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT, DEN DON'T LOOK!!" Shoot, my head was itching and sweating, I couldn't take, I cut t

Water Only Washing......Beyond 30 days

After a warm/cold rinse More than a year ago, I decided to for go using traditional shampoos and conditioners. I started whipping up my own hair products with some success, but nothing to brag about. Now I always have an assortment of butters, oils and essential oils, not to mention aloe vera, distilled water and honey. My bathroom cabinets look more like a pastry kitchen than a place to do your business! I wasn't exactly losing any hair and checking out new hair recipes was my quiet, me time.  Through mostly browsing  the web I happened upon the water only method after trying the max hydration method (MHM) for about a month. Though I liked some of the results I was getting with MHM, it didn't have the simplicity that I was looking for. I was basically looking to do nothing to my hair, but I still needed to look presentable #sistagotaJOB, so I found the simplest method for WOHW from an article on BGLH . I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it before. Not sh